United Nations Environment Programme
Environment for Development
UNEP is the voice for the environment within the United Nations system.
UNEP acts as a catalyst, advocate, educator and facilitator to promote the wise use and sustainable development of the global environment.
To accomplish this, UNEP works with a wide range of partners, including United Nations entities, international organizations, national governments, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and civil society.
UNEP's work encompasses:
• Assessing global, regional and national environmental conditions and trends
• Developing international and national environmental instruments
• Strengthening institutions for the wise management of the environment
• Facilitating the transfer of knowledge and technology for sustainable development
• Encouraging new partnerships and mind-sets within civil society and the private sector.
Headquartered in Nairobi, UNEP has regional offices in Bahrain, Bangkok, Geneva, Panama City and Washington DC, as well as collaborating centres and other out-posted offices across the world.
- Poverty and Inequality
- Women and Girls
- Young People
- Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Ecosystems Management, Harmful Substances, Environmental Governance, Resource Efficiency
- Organization website:
- Organization contact person:
- Organization contact e-mail: